Is water great for skin? Does it act like a fountain of youth? It is a known fact that water helps you stay hydrated which is important because every single cell in your body needs water to absorb nutrients and expel toxins and waste. But what other less know benefits come from drinking water?
1) Drinking Water Keeps You Young
Drinking plenty of water is great for your skin. It helps keep the skin hydrated and moisturized reading the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. If you aren't drinking enough water, your body will try to retain it. This retention leads to puffy, bloated skin.
2) Drinking Water Helps You Lose Weight
Drinking plenty of water helps suppress your appetite It also helps your body burn stored fat. If you are not drinking enough water your liver is forced to help your kidneys detoxify your body. When you are drinking plenty of water, your kidneys don't need help so this means your liver will be able to focus on breaking down stored fat.
3) Drinking Water Helps You Build Muscle Drinking enough water is great for the muscles. Water carries oxygen to the cells of the body, including your muscle cells. Drinking plenty of water allows your muscle to work harder and longer before they get tired which helps build more muscle.
4) Drinking Water Makes You Smarter Drinking water increases your cognitive function
This is because your brain needs a lot of oxygen in order to function at its best. Drinking enough water ensures that your brain is getting the oxygen it needs and can improve your levels of cognitive performance by as much as 30%. Water also helps electrolytes remain high which allows the nerves to send and receive messages from the brain at their best.
5) Drinking Water Is Good for Your Joints Most people don't know that drinking water is great for your joints. It helps them say strong, lubricated and healthy so that your movements are pain free.
6) Drinking Water Treats Skin
Drinking plenty of water helps treat skin disorders such as acne, eczema and psoriasis. Flushing the body internally with water, helps release toxins and prevent breakouts or blockages on the skin. Also hydration helps reduce sunken eyes and increase plumpness of the skin.